Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Eggplant Sub with Smoked Mozzarella & Tomato Jam



Not too many things make me want to go to the grocery store at 7:00 pm. Do I really need something now? (except maybe wine -lol).

I was updating my fall menus today, and when I found this recipe I had saved from a Rachael Ray magazine, I thought, I have to make this NOW. (well, and I did need wine) I knew I had an eggplant and the red onion, but no cheese or roll.

A package of smoked mozzarella cheese, and a sub roll, and off we go to light the grill. Bonus - I found arugula in the frig that I forgot had been in the box last week.

Eggplant Sub with Smoked Mozzarella and Tomato Jam

I made a side of sauteed Baby Bellas with a splash of Balsamic vinegar. It was a delicious, satisfying, 'who needs meat', kind of meal.

No comments: