Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuscan Cabbage and Mushrooms



I saved some of that monster head of cabbage for this recipe and I'm glad I did. Also used the leeks. I picked up the shiitake mushrooms, also local from Killbuck Valley Mushrooms, sold at Mustard Seed.

I came late to the mushroom eating party. The only exposure I had as a child was the awful, slimy, weird textured canned version often found on pizza. I was convinced most were poison, and my parents were secretly hoping I got a bad one.

Even tonight I was thinking that Shiitake were not my favorite, but I have to admit, a little pancetta goes a long way towards making anything just a little more tolerable. Excellent recipe - would make a great side to simple grilled meat.

Tuscan Cabbage and Mushrooms Eating Well Magazine

No comments: