Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Get Ready for a New CSA Season!

Looks like farmer Debbie has been very busy!  Debbie sent an update with this photo of the onions, kale, chinese cabbage, cabbage, broccoli, & cauliflower happily growing at the farm.



Tomorrow is the first pick-up of the season, and I'm excited for the season ahead.  This year I will be preparing not only my own share, but a share for one of my personal chef clients as well.

So here is an original recipe that I created for the grill last week, along with some links to other recipes I am considering for this week's share.


Grilled Potato Bundles with Peppers, Sprouts, and Garlic Scapes

Per Packet, Multiply for desired number of servings

1 baking potato, scrubbed and sliced 1/4" thick
1-2 garlic scapes,  chopped
1 small cubanelle pepper, chopped
handful of sprouts
Salt & Pepper
Drizzle of Olive Oil

Arrange on square of foil. Pinch into a bundle.  Cook on grill over medium heat 30 - 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.

*Sub any veggies you have on hand, add smashed cloves of garlic instead of scapes. 

This week's share may contain: Lettuce, Green Onions, Napa Cabbage, Spinach, Cauliflower, and Arugula.

My client requested a Spinach Salad with Bacon, Green Onions, and Hard Boiled Eggs, so I will be loosely following this Fine Cooking version.  (Fine Cooking has a fee to access some of their content - totally worth the $9.95 if you are a subscriber,  a little more if you aren't).

The Napa cabbage may make an appearance in this Hoisin Pork with Napa Cabbage.

For the cauliflower, I am eyeing this Cauliflower Soup with Marcona Almond and Piquillo Pepper Relish, this Lentil Soup with Cauliflower and Bacon, or this Orrecchiette with Indian-Spiced Cauliflower and Peas.

What are you planning to make with your first share? If you haven't been by the blog lately, be sure and check the new link I added to the right with tons of offbeat recipes by vegetable.

No comments: