Monday, June 21, 2010

Week One CSA Cooking: Orecchiette with Indian-Spiced Cauliflower and Peas


Last night I used my cauliflower to make this Food and Wine recipe for Orecchiette with Indian-Spiced Cauliflower and Peas.  I had some beautiful orrecchiette that I bought in Providence, and everything else was on hand - cilantro, frozen peas, coriander, cumin and crushed tomatoes (I used fire-roasted Muir Glenn).

It as a good dish, and quick, but when I think Indian-spiced, I think a little more complex than cumin and coriander only.  I would make it again, but I'd add some other Indian spices to kick it up a bit. 


The snap peas were so delicious, you could eat them raw.  I blanched and shocked mine and have been eating them for snacks. 

I still need to tackle that enormous head of Bok Choy!  What did you make with yours?

No comments: