Sunday, August 9, 2009

Grilled Pizza



Got veggies? Got some pizza dough? Need to clean out the fridge? Grill some pizza!

First I fired up the grill. Then I cut up some veggies, spritzed 'em with olive oil and seasoned them with salt, pepper and good sprinkle of Penzey's Tuscan Seasoning. Grilled 'til they were tender and charred.

I buy par-baked crusts from Frickaccio's Pizza Stand at The West Side Market. I love them! They also sell whole wheat and gluten free dough for the do-it-yourself crowd.

I spritzed both sides of my dough with a little olive oil. Then I cleaned out the fridge: A few spoonfuls of pesto, a half container of ricotta cheese formed a nice base. Then layered with grilled veggies and topped with some leftover prosciutto and fennel salami. A few Kalamata olives, some tomato slices in olive oil from the market. A few torn basil leaves from the share box.

A sprinkle of parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Time for the grill.

You turn one burner off and leave the other at med-low. Put it on the med-low side and close to get the crust cooking and the toppings melting. Then switch to the burner off side for a few minutees until done.

Smoky and delicious! With leftovers for lunch tomorrow.



No comments: