Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dear Shareholders:

Well, here we are, the first week of White House Gardens CSA! This week your share contains lettuce, arugula, broccoli raab, pac choi, radishes, green onions, and oregano.

Last year I put individual names on the boxes. I have decided not to do that this year. All the boxes are the same, so just take any one of them. Please try to remember to return your empty box next week. Please check your name off the list after you get your box. That way I will know who has been there, and who I need to call if they forgot.

Please try and pick up your box as soon as possible. If you know that you are going to be picking up in the afternoon or evening please let me know so that I can put your box in the refrigerator in the garage before I go to work.
(Kate & Michelle, your box is in the big silver refrigerator!)

I clean all the produce the best I can, but you should still wash everything before eating. Lettuce and other greens keep fresh longest if washed and then spun dry with a salad spinner. If you don't have one, I think it's worth purchasing.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call me or email me.

Debbie Fox

No comments: