Friday, June 19, 2009

Shrimp w/Sauteed Red Onion, Rapini & Purple Cauliflower

This one is a Dine-In Diva original and it was delicious!

I sauteed a half of a chopped red onion and a couple of the share green onions in a few tablespoons of olive oil.  Seasoned with S&P.  Then I added several big handfuls of washed broccoli rabe aka rapini, and sauteed til wilted.

Add a handful of chopped purple cauliflower - isn't it pretty?

Then I pushed everything to the side and added a handful of thawed shrimp (you might as well purchase frozen and thaw under cold water for a few minutes; if you purchase "fresh" you are just paying the store to thaw it for you).  I seasoned the shrimp with S&P, a shake of crushed red pepper flakes and a shake of Penzey's Northwoods Fire Seasoning.  

After a few minutes I tossed in a rinsed can of cannellini (white kidney beans) and a can of Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes. 

Pretty, easy, fresh and fast.  What more could you ask for?

No comments: