Thursday, January 21, 2010

Challenge Day 4

Tonight I made seared tuna steaks from the freezer with fried rice. I had made some Wehani (whole grain brown rice) a few days ago but didn't know what I wanted to do with it. So I decided to make a fried rice, since the rice was chilled and ready to go. Brown rice doesn't make for a very appetizing looking dish, but it tasted just fine, although a bit chewy! I seared the pepper crusted tuna in sesame oil, then removed them from the pan and added soy sauce, sherry, and some sweet chili garlic sauce that I had made with hot peppers from the garden. I reduced the sauce and spooned it over the tuna. Not bad! No picture this time, it tasted good but wasn't very appetizing looking. So, I used up the rice, tuna from the freezer and even found a use for the sweet chili garlic sauce.

2 comments:

Charity Dasenbrock said...

Good job! I love brown rice.

Sally said...

I always use brown rice for my fried rice. It's either Jasmine or Basmati.