Monday, May 4, 2009

Chicken Pasta with Thyme-Mint Cream Sauce



I don't eat a lot of pasta, especially two days in a row, but this was the next recipe in the 'to try' pile that I just happened to have all of the ingredients on hand.

Because it was just for me, I only used a pint of whipping cream that I had in the fridge, and I kept some of the chicken separate after I sauteed for lunch today, but I followed the rest of the recipe as written. This is from Simply Recipes.

It was fairly easy, and the flavor was good. The mint added a fresh, clean flavor.

Future tweaks: I would saute some shredded carrots, and/or julienned zucchini or yellow squash before the chicken. Have you seen the julienne peelers? Home Goods carries them and they make prep of a small amount of veggies a whiz. Use a mandolin or V-slicer (with the guard only, please and before enjoying a glass of wine) for larger amounts.

I'd also probably sub some half and half for the whipping cream.

For small amounts of white wine for deglazing, I always keep a bottle of dry vermouth in the fridge. Very handy if you don't happen to have white wine open, or don't want to open a bottle for a recipe. For personal chef clients I buy the small, single serve bottles and keep them in my chef kit.

No comments: